In this episode I interview the artist and magic maker behind The Dark Days Tarot, Wren McMurdo.
Wren is a believer in facing the darkness - from truth-telling tarot cards to emotions + depression to our current political and environmental situation. Wren sees the shadow as an opportunity for transformation and deep inner healing. That call to action and to create a shift is a thread that runs through our conversation.
In this episode, Wren + I explore:
- Releasing the negative stigma of emotions and instead embracing them as a portal for healing our heart space
- Wren's inspirations behind the deck, including environmentalism and social justice
- The way that Wren connects to her intuition within her business
- Wren's journey from fashion school to owning a chocolate business to illustrating her own Tarot deck
- How the cards with a shadow side can be a call to create a shift and change within your own life and work
- The power of play and creativity
Episode Tarot Cards: The Page of Cups + 9 of Wands
Dark Days Tarot was designed, illustrated and published by Wren McMurdo, an intuitive artist in Seattle, Washington. Wren has been studying Tarot for eight years, and has been illustrating since early childhood. She finds joy in her own ever-evolving witchcraft practice. Wren channeled her Cancerian connection to the moon and its phases, in congruence with her concern over the destruction of the planet in creating these cards. She lives with her wife and parakeets.
The Dark Days Tarot deck is inspired by the dark side of the moon; the blackest nights of the lunar cycle.
Darkness is the subconscious, the dream world, the spirit realm, the unknown, and fertile ground for self-reflection.
Dark unlit nights offer an opportunity to “see” with senses other than physical sight. Answers, clues, and journeying linger in darkness.
Use this deck when you need deeper understanding and inspiration for forward movement.
Drawing inspiration from lunar archetypes, this deck features a diverse cast of feminine and androgynous characters.
Subscribe to Integrated Spirit:
Let's stay connected - subscribe here.